Building Index – Building 24
350 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80230
The historic Officers’ Club was built in 1942. It included a wood-paneled lounge with a bar, a full-service kitchen, and a ballroom hosting entertainment for Air Force personnel and visiting dignitaries. The club had major remodeling in 1984-85 to add a second party room with soundproofing so two bands could play simultaneously without disturbing each other. The new front entrance was added to the building with the Stanley British Primary School opening.
President Eisenhower used the club for formal dinners when Lowry was the Summer Whitehouse in 1953-1955. On September 12, the National Security Council met outside the nation’s Capitol for the first time. The group assembled in the Williamsburg Room—later renamed the Eisenhower Room—at the Lowry Air Force Base Officer’s Club to hear Secretary of State John Foster Dulles report on his recent trip to the Far East. Vice President Richard M. Nixon, Secretary of Defense Charles E. Wilson, Central Intelligence Agency Director Allen Dulles, Federal Bureau of Investigation Director J. Edgar Hoover, and Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Lewis L. Strauss were in attendance.