Silver Ropes Volunteer Corp
About Silver Ropes
Inspired by the Lowry Air Force Base Silver Ropes program that began in 1987, The Lowry Foundation proudly continues the spirit of volunteerism in the Lowry neighborhood and area. Participating volunteers have the opportunity to support The Lowry Foundation activities around the Chapel and important causes throughout Lowry and beyond.
We Need You!
Get hands-on and give back to the community by participating in our 2023 volunteer opportunities. Join our community events team and community service projects, or help us around the Eisenhower Chapel! We can also create a special activity for your volunteer group. Thank you for joining the Lowry Foundation Silver Ropes Volunteer Corps!
Scroll down for the available opportunities.
- 15 volunteers are needed for both October 27th and November 28th to help sort food at the Food Bank of The Rockies warehouse from 1 to 4 PM. Register here.
More opportunities will be posted as they are confirmed.
- Saturday, July 1, 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., various shifts for Lowry’s Independence Parade & Festival. Register today!
- Regular Volunteers needed at Lowry Elementary School’s Vegetable Garden
- Last year, the Victory Garden produced over 500 pounds of food to feed our community. During the school year, every LES student is involved in planting, maintaining, and harvesting the garden, learning valuable lessons about how to grow plants and where food comes from. May-August, 5-15 volunteers are needed one morning per week to help weed, control insect pests, and maintain the garden.
- Denver General Hospital Newborns in Need – first and third Wednesdays of each month
- Monday, March 14, 1:00-4:00 p.m., Food Bank of the Rockies
Saturday, April 15, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – 4th Annual Spring Clean-Up at Lowry Elementary
Join us for a spring clean-up at Lowry Elementary. The rain date is April 22. We will be clearing out garden beds, pruning shrubs, picking up trash, and preparing the campus for summer. Previous garden experience is optional, just a willingness to pitch in and help. Tools will be provided. Participants are encouraged to bring work gloves and a water bottle. The Lowry Foundation will provide snacks.
- Saturday, April 29 – The Lowry Foundation’s 25th Jubilee Celebration
- Help us celebrate 25 years of serving the community!
- Thursday, May 25, 1 – 4 p.m. Silver Ropes Volunteer Group Food Bank of the Rockies Day