WE ARE HIRING!
Job Announcement: Rental Coordinator
After 57 years of service to this country, Lowry Air Force Base closed in 1994. As the base was redeveloped as a mixed-use community, the Lowry Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, was founded in 1998 to enhance the quality of life and public spaces in Lowry. The Foundation’s projects have included, among other things, celebrations of Lowry’s past, maintaining Lowry’s public art, a community grant program, a Speaker Series and the preservation of the historic Eisenhower Chapel. The Rental Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of The Lowry Foundation. Hours beyond the normal workweek (including evenings and weekends) are sometimes required. Primary job location is the Eisenhower Chapel, located at 293 Roslyn Street, Denver, in the Lowry Town Center.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
The Eisenhower Chapel Rental Coordinator has an important role is making sure that visitors to the Chapel are welcomed and treated graciously during their important events.
Duties will include but not to be limited to the following:
• Accept incoming calls from prospective renters
• Schedule and be present at viewing appointments
• Explain fees and contract terms
• Facilitate contract signing
• Provide building access, A/V, and other building instructions to renters
• Maintain accurate records of Chapel rentals
• Provide a monthly report to the Executive Director of the Lowry Foundation
• Coordinate cleaning services pre and post event
• Work with the Executive Director on other projects as time permits
The Rental Coordinator is not required to be onsite during all events. The Rental Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director of the Lowry Foundation to ensure that the Chapel is well maintained and utilized.
Skills and Experience:
• Some college required
• Two years’ experience working with the public
• Outgoing personality, ability to work well with potential renters
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise good judgement
• Solid computer skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required
• Knowledge of Social Media Platforms a plus
• Ability to be flexible
• Residency in/near Lowry area is desired
Hours and Salary:
20 hours per week. Schedule flexible. Hours beyond the normal workweek (including some evenings and weekends) are required.
Please send a letter of application detailing interest and qualifications for this position, a current resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Applications open until position filled.
Applications must be emailed to Jamie Melissa Wilms, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
NOTE: The Lowry Foundation is following all of the directives of the City of Denver with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on developments and directives, job interviews may be held using Zoom conference technology.