The Lowry Foundation in Denver is seeking an Advancement Specialist to provide a variety of support to the Executive Director, including event coordination, donation processing, assisting with marketing and promotion, and general office support. The position is for 15-20 hours per week with an hourly pay rate of $25.00 paid every other week. Paid Sick Leave is offered at the rate of one hour per 30 hours worked, up to 48 hours per year. Work hours are generally flexible, and the work can be completed remotely. The ideal candidate is required to attend one to two meetings per week in the office located in the Eisenhower Chapel at times mutually agreed upon by the Executive Director and Specialist. Support at early evening and weekend events is a requirement for this position. There may be one early evening event per month, and in 2023, there will be nine events, see the listing below.
Our Mission is to preserve and celebrate the legacy and spirit of Lowry.
The Lowry Spirit arises from:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A culture of philanthropy and service
- Education and lifelong learning
- History and the arts
- Leadership and innovation
The Lowry Foundation will celebrate 25 years of serving the community in 2023. Our programs and services enhance the quality of life in Denver by creating social connections, celebrating ethnic and cultural diversity, honoring the Lowry legacy, and promoting our local businesses. We own and operate a community and event center in the historic Eisenhower Chapel where one can enjoy community activities such as concerts, film nights, and a speaker series. The Foundation owns and cares for 18 public artworks around Lowry that beautify our public spaces. We also produce architecture and public art tours, organize community service volunteer activities, and support local non-profits and community groups.
The Purpose of Your Role
Assist our organization in delivering high-quality community events that bring people together to celebrate the Lowry legacy and spirit. Participate in strengthening relationships with donors, partners, volunteers, and the community. The ideal candidate will possess excellent networking abilities, superior people skills, excellent communication skills, outstanding organizational skills, and love community events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with planning and coordinating community events, including conducting site visits, soliciting, and coordinating vendors, ordering supplies, responding to email and phone inquiries, attending events, loading in and out supplies, setting up and breaking down, checking in guests, managing volunteers, etc.
- Prepares and helps with the distribution of materials needed for events such as signage, invitations, flyers, and tickets.
- Assists with event budget progress reports and stays within budgetary guidelines for each event.
- Assists when needed with processing donations, including generating invoices, processing payments, generating donor mailings, and providing timely follow-up via phone or email.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- In-person at least five hours per week on non-event
- Experience working in an office/professional
- Comfortable following up with vendors and the public in person, by email, and by
- Well-organized with keen attention to maintaining up-to-date and accurate file management systems.
- Excellent writing and communication
- Ability to operate autonomously with minimal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite preferred but not required.
- Must be able to stand at events for eight hours with little sitting, must be able to pick up 30 pounds, must be able to unload and carry event gear, e.g., tables, tents, chairs, and supplies in boxes.
Required Event Attendance
- Thursday, March 16, 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29, 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20, 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 23, 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 8, 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 23, 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 1, 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 10, 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 17, 7:00 p.m.
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your resume by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 6. No phone calls, please.